Follow the general recommendations and stay home if you feel sick
We work closely with the authorities in all Scandinavian countries, as well as international authorities and regulators. We recommend that you always follow the general recommendations set by health authorities in your country.
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Wash your hands frequently
- Keep social distancing
- Follow the guidelines set by local health authorities
Before your trip
You can do a lot to prepare for your trip. Our digital self-service solutions saves time and help reduce contact at the airport.
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Ensure that you meet the necessary requirements to enter your final destination and country where you have a connecting flight
- Get travel ready at home; pre-process your Corona related travel documents and check-in online
- Purchase your face masks before leaving for the airport – homemade masks or masks made of cloth are not allowed. Please note that you have to change face mask at least every four hours and that you need face masks for the whole length of you trip
Get travel ready from home
Travel news and restrictions
Face mask requirements
At the airport
We have implemented several measures at the airport to ensure a safe journey for you. But you can also do a lot yourself. You should always follow the instructions given by our staff – they are here for your safety.
- Get travel ready at home; pre-process your corona related travel documents and check-in online
- Arrive well ahead of scheduled departure time
- New routines and an updated food and beverage offering in the lounges that are open to minimize interactions, and extended cleaning procedures have been implemented
- We have updated our boarding procedure to better facilitate social distancing
Face mask requirementsYou must bring your own face mask that covers nose and mouth. SAS accepts single-use medical face masks. Homemade face masks or fabric masks / cloth face coverings are not accepted. Wearing a face mask is mandatory for the entire journey, from onboarding until you leave the aircraft. Face masks that are allowed on board include single-use masks of FFP2, KN95, N95 standards or surgical masks such as IIR or similar. Protection made out of cloth, visors or covers with ventilation valves are not permitted on board.
Boarding procedureThe boarding procedures have been adjusted to better enable social distancing. We require you to follow the instructions given by the gate staff. You should only start boarding when your zone is called out. You will be required to put on your face mask before boarding.
Social distancing at the airportDo everything you can to keep social distancing at the airport. Keep distance in queues at check-in, security and at the gate.
On board your flight
The air on board your flight is kept clean using modern and highly efficient air filters, and we have adjusted our service concept to reduce contact.
- We do our best to seat travelers across the cabin, to create as much distance as possible
- Our cabin crew wears protective face masks on board
- You are required to use a face mask covering mouth and nose during the entire flight, from boarding to disembarkation – homemade masks or masks made of cloth are not allowed
- Our aircraft are equipped with HEPA air filters to keep the air clean
- All aircraft are cleaned and disinfected according to EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) regulations
- All non-essential loose items have been removed from the seat pocket
- The meal service is adjusted on our flights to reduce contact
- Hand luggage is limited to one piece per traveler – see FAQ below
The air on boardAlmost all our aircraft are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters that are capable of capturing up to 99.97% of microbes, like viruses and bacteria, ensuring a high air quality. The air on board is exchanged every 2-3 minutes. The air on board is pressed down from the ceiling to the floor. This makes it difficult for droplets to spread, as the air flow makes droplets immediately fall to the floor immediately. All our Airbus and Boeing aircraft are equipped with HEPA filters. Flights operated with ATR aircraft has another type of air filter on board, which ensures a continuous flow of fresh air to the cabin.